Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lavender Scones & the buttermilk crisis

I had to go to Waimea last week to deliver a painting, so while I was there I picked up some Waimea lavender and decided to make some special scones for my gals at MOPS (Mother Of Preschoolers). I wanted to make sure that my gals know that they are special, they were missed and that I am happy they are in my group. I feel really lousy at expressing my appreciation to the people in my life that I love so I thought I would make a big physical declaration for them that none of the other groups' gals would have- something to let them know that they are special to me.
But I ran into a problem... the recipe called for Buttermilk and I didn't have any. So of course I called my mother. She gave me this recipe as a substitute for Buttermilk.
1 tbsp of Lemon juice
1 cup milk
let sit for a couple minutes & use
While I was cooking them the whole house filled with the scent of lavender- it smelled amazing!
I added chocolate chips to the recipe cause... I like chocolate.

I wrapped them in clear acetate bags with lavender ribbon and little tags that read "Welcome Back!" I hope they communicated my intent. They were pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment