Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Lilikoi Butter

This Christmas I made Lilikoi Butter for Christmas gifts.
We had a vine take over a Mac Nut tree on our upper lot.
You could see it just below the Bamboo Grove but getting to it was quite a feat.
It took some men with big knives to hack a path for me to get to it.
And then, as luck would have it, the pigs beat me to all the ripe ones.
So I made a Facebook plea.
My friend, Cory, came to the rescue- boy, did she ever have a bounty!
I filled a big bag and STILL she had an overload left.
My mentor from Church, Merry Ann (born on Christmas), helped me make the butter.
It is sooooo delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a recipe to make this? I am in Texas (CA transplant) and my wife is Hawaiian. I came across fresh lilikoi in the local market and it has been years since we had this.

    ReplyDelete